Trish Birch Therapy
Property Sales Mar Menor

Join the Mazarron forum

Join the Mazarron forumMy name's Jan and this is my website all about Mazarron in Spain. Register now for free to talk about General Mazarron discussion and much more!



Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:23am
2 replies104 views3 members subscribed

Posts: 31

3 helpful posts

Hi all

We are moving to mazarron later this year. Would be grateful for any advice 're NIE NUMBER APPLICATION.  I know the procedure for applying for one but my son is coming with us and my main question is do you actually have to have a job contract to obtain one or can you apply for one saying you need it to be able to work. 

Also does it all haveto be completed in spanish or can anyone advise how we get help on this including cost wise etc.

We are UK pensioners so only need it for bank accounts 

Any help gratefully apreciated. 

Thank you all. Eve 



Helpful member

Thu May 16, 2019 3:14pm

Posts: 136

Location: Camposol

158 helpful posts

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:14pm

If you are buying a house here your solicitor will arrange your NIE number for you. You need it for everything in Spain. For utilities bank account buying a car etc etc. Give your solicitor power of attorney & they will sort it all for you.


Fri May 17, 2019 2:50am

Posts: 64

Location: San Javier

24 helpful posts

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:50am

I got mine through the Spanish Consulate in London before I came over.  Dead easy, and cost just £8.90. They have a Consulate in Edinburgh too. Check it out online. So easy. Enjoy your new life here in Spain. 

Sign up for free or login to reply to this topic

Want to reply to this topic? Login or register for free to post your message:

Related topics

Find more General discussion topics from a particular area:

Register for free!

Login to your account

Trish Birch Therapy
Property Sales Mar Menor
Advertise your business here