Join the Camposol forum

Join the Camposol forumMy name's Jan and this is my website all about Camposol in Spain. Register now for free to talk about General Camposol discussion and much more!

Answers

Whatsapp

Posted: Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:44pm
10 replies204 views3 members subscribed
  • Page 1 of 2:
  • 1
  • 2
Tony2

Posts: 21

Location: Camposol

4 helpful posts

Hiya as I explained I’m over the 5th of January to look at property, I saw one on sector a I like, does anyone live there to give there opinions, also why are so many properties up for sale? And why so cheap? Also the floods in 2016 was your insurance covered? , appreciate your answers your sincerely Tony neale

frequent flyer

frequent flyer

Helpful member

Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:20pm

Posts: 388

Location: Camposol

357 helpful posts

Posted: Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:20pm

1/ why are so many up for sale ...the average age on Camposol is over 65 ...Camposol is 6 x 4 klms in size with approximately 4,500 properties ..people get older by the day you can work the rest out yourself

2/ why so cheap..don't compare properties in Spain with like for like in the UK you will also find that most that are up for sale tend to be the very small 2 bed starter holiday home's ...(this type of property tends not to be in big demand).. if you are setting your site's higher and looking at a larger 3 bed / 3 bathrooms detached property with a pool you will find that you will not have a great choice as very few are up for sale...you will also come across the same property advertised in many estate agents window so it looks like they have lot's of properties for sale on Camposol ..in reality not that many are up for sale .

3/ flooding.. This only affected a very small part of the site 5 KLM away from A sector and it did not affect insurance as the Spanish government classed it a disaster and pick the bill up for the repairs.

Tony2

Tony2

Original Poster

Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:22pm

Posts: 21

Location: Camposol

4 helpful posts

Posted: Thu Dec 6, 2018 8:22pm

Thanks for your reply, I’m only 59 but want a retirement home, and so many people have recommended Camposol, was over 3 years ago so half know the area, be over when I’m 62 full time, so frequent flyer thanks again 👍

eduardo3332

eduardo3332

Helpful member

Fri Dec 7, 2018 5:13pm

Posts: 181

127 helpful posts

Posted: Fri Dec 7, 2018 5:13pm

I am amazed that frequent flyer is informing you that most of the properties for sale are 2 bedrooms small starter homes and that there are not many 3 beds with a pool are available!!

There is a good selection of properties of all sizes for sale and many 2 bedrooms are of quite an adequate size for a couple to live in and have visitors, obviously, the larger 3 and 4-bed properties will give more space internally but do you need that?

Some of the 3-bed Neptunos were built on small plots of 300 meter and people have put pool pools in the gardens obviously reducing the recreational space.

Have a good look around and take your time a while before you retire lol

I note that Frequent Flyer has omitted to tell you he is/has sold his 3-bed Neptuno on a 300 mt plot with a swimming pool and is moving to a 2-bed property inland on the Costa Blanca!

Camposol is a good place to live I only moved for business reasons but still have to go back there quite often.

Regards

Ed

As for having a pool, this can be an expensive luxury and how often will you use it is another question to ask yourself.

frequent flyer

frequent flyer

Helpful member

Fri Dec 7, 2018 6:00pm

Posts: 388

Location: Camposol

357 helpful posts

Posted: Fri Dec 7, 2018 6:00pm

Mr Edd ..Tony 2 ask 3 simple questions ...about Camposol I gave him my honest opinion with all 3 answers... He did not ask for anything else... So why are you harping on about me ...(someone you basically no Bugger all about).l also believe as you have said in previous post that you move off of Camposol approximately 13 year's back ...so what do you really know about Camposol other than gossip .

Mark48

Fri Dec 7, 2018 7:25pm

Posts: 28

Location: Camposol

36 helpful posts

Posted: Fri Dec 7, 2018 7:25pm

It's sad that people assume the entire Camposol development is beset with problems. Undoubtedly a few areas, about 5% of the landmass, have problems which are well documented and I am deeply sympathetic for those owners. For those who appreciate this fact the remaining 95% are a total bargain. Even the other 5% are still worth considering if you have a very limited budget as these are valued even lower.

In the last 3 years coming to the area I see improvement on each visit. The reputation is deeply unjustified. 

As a nice place to retire or have a holiday home with a view to retirement it's ideal, especially for those who, like myself, don't speak the lingo and despite great intentions probably never will.

The best bit I find is that the area does not die in winter months, quieter than summer but still lively enough for an active retirement in a community of like minded people.

Tony2

Tony2

Original Poster

Fri Dec 7, 2018 7:30pm

Posts: 21

Location: Camposol

4 helpful posts

Posted: Fri Dec 7, 2018 7:30pm

frequent flyer wrote:

Mr Edd ..Tony 2 ask 3 simple questions ...about Camposol I gave him my honest opinion with all 3 answers... He did not ask for anything else... So why are you harping on about me ...(someone you basically no Bugger all about).l also believe as you have said in previous post that you move off of Camposol approximately 13 year's back ...so what do you really know about Camposol other than gossip .

Frequent flyer I appreciate your honest answers 

Tony2

Tony2

Original Poster

Fri Dec 7, 2018 7:33pm

Posts: 21

Location: Camposol

4 helpful posts

Posted: Fri Dec 7, 2018 7:33pm

Mark48 wrote:

It's sad that people assume the entire Camposol development is beset with problems. Undoubtedly a few areas, about 5% of the landmass, have problems which are well documented and I am deeply sympathetic for those owners. For those who appreciate this fact the remaining 95% are a total bargain. Even the other 5% are still worth considering if you have a very limited budget as these are valued even lower.

In the last 3 years coming to the area I see improvement on each visit. The reputation is deeply unjustified. 

As a nice place to retire or have a holiday home with a view to retirement it's ideal, especially for those who, like myself, don't speak the lingo and despite great intentions probably never will.

The best bit I find is that the area does not die in winter months, quieter than summer but still lively enough for an active retirement in a community of like minded people.

Can you tell the 5percent? I’m coming over 5th of January to look at a place on sector a, hope that’s not a problem, than

frequent flyer

frequent flyer

Helpful member

Fri Dec 7, 2018 8:13pm

Posts: 388

Location: Camposol

357 helpful posts

Posted: Fri Dec 7, 2018 8:13pm

 Ask the estate agent to only show properties that have all the legal paper's. ...( Escurtra= Deeds / Fin de obra= building licence ).

Mark48

Fri Dec 7, 2018 11:16pm

Posts: 28

Location: Camposol

36 helpful posts

Posted: Fri Dec 7, 2018 11:16pm

Tell the agent what you want and they will do the rest. To sell a house here with an agent costs 3% + vat with a minimum charge of 3000 eur+ vat. Trust me when I tell you that a hot buyer will be treated like royalty. Most houses are listed with multiple agents and commission is winner take all. I'm sure you get the picture!

  • Page 1 of 2:
  • 1
  • 2

Sign up for free or login to reply to this topic

Want to reply to this topic? Login or register for free to post your message:

Other recommended topics

Register for free!

Login to your account

Audo-m8 Systems
Property Rentals and Sales
Absolute Landscaping XL Ltd
Advertise your business here